Monday, January 31, 2011

God showed me some stuff.

***  I am not a husband basher - I adore my husband, but like anybody, we have times where we have to work through some things.  These things do not in any way reduce the amount of admiration and love I have for him.  They are just that, things we have to work through.  And they make us stronger.  David is a wonderful, godly husband and father and I could not ask for a better man.  ***

I believe He was able to show me more because of the increased sensitivity because of my fast. 

I was praying about mine and David's situation the other day.  (It's all blown over and we're just fine now.)  The Lord showed me that David had taken some traits that I have had over the years and made them into me.  Meaning, he had made me those things instead of seeing them as just traits that I have and things I have to deal with.

I know there is truth to me being critical.  I don't deny it and am working with the Lord on finding the root of that to get it removed.  I am in no way minimizing it.  I am starting to see that some of it comes from envy and jealousy.  We are taking a class on envy and jealousy right now, and alot of it is ringing with me.  But, I do believe that David had taken some thoughts, pondered them, and turned them into emotions.  He had seen anything and everything that I have said recently as being critical, whether it was or wasn't.  The times I was truly critical, he used to enforce his belief that I am just critical all the time.  It had grown with him until he just blew his top when I pushed on him to see what was going on. 

I can almost visualize it.  I believe that the Lord would have shown me the truth of the situation without the fast, but with it, He was able to truly show me the depth of it all.  Also, I was able to temper my frustration about it more quickly because He showed me so quickly how it all came about.  My flesh was already being fasted into submission, so anger and frustration were easy to simmer down.

After that incident, he was really lovey-dovey toward me and wanted to snuggle and cuddle all the time.  He is an affectionate person, but he was being much more affectionate than ever normal.  He was doing this because he had just had an emotional release and then felt better and actually more affectionate toward me. 

We sat down and talked about everything and I told him some of what the Lord had shown me.  (All of it isn't here, of course - some is too private.  And some was just for my understanding and not to share with him.)  Everything is really good now.  Really good, I might add.  I love my husband so much!

On a totally different note...

I took a cashier's check by to reinstate our mortgage loan and catch it up to date!!! Wow!  God is awesome!

In the lobby of the attorney's office, I sat down next to a couple who started chatting with me.  They were there to do the same thing.  The gentleman asked me how everything was going and if we were going to be able to save our house.  I felt prompted to tell him a bit of our story, so did.  He listened quite intently - I'm not sure what was going on in his head - and then told me that he and his wife certainly did believe in the power of prayer.  I told him that I believe in the power of prayer, and it's so awesome to see the supernatural power of the Lord working in our lives.  That's when he told me they were Jehovah's Witnesses!  I don't know all of what they believe, but I don't think it leaves much room for the Lord to supernaturally move in a stay-at-home mom turned Bible college student's life.  I know that some seeds were planted.  And also, all along, there was another guy listening to our conversation.  I love it when God moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment