Friday, January 14, 2011

Sometimes

I really want to just fire off a rant, but that's not ok.  The Lord has taught me that whatever you give a "vent" to or "place" to will grow.  I used to not understand this, but I do now.  Whenever I ponder on something or vent it to a girlfriend, my feelings and emotions about it grow.  If I shut up about it and refuse to give it a place, it shrivels up and dies for lack of nourishment.

Along those same lines, if I allow somebody else to rant to me - say, for instance, about their husband, I start picking out those qualities in mine that previously never bothered me.  Or I just go down that negative highway.

Since I've been sitting under the Word so much, I can see so many changes.  Just like Andrew says, changes are effortless.  We can't do it in our own power.  It's the cleansing of the Word.  It's the Holy Spirit. 

What an amazing and mighty God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment