Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fresh Revelation

School's back in session!  I'm so excited.  Well, I'm mostly tired right now.  Really tired.  So, I'll be hitting the hay very shortly.

I asked the Lord to show me a fresh revelation of His Righteousness.  And oh, how He loves to give revelation!  What an amazingly wonderful Lord! 

Duane has been going through his second series on being "Established in Righteousness".  Awesome stuff.  I'm so thankful for a truly godly pastor and a church family.  There are really not too many churches who speak the undiluted Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  There are not too many churches who teach full salvation, not just salvation from hell.  I might preach in a minute....

Anyway, Righteousness.  Barry Bennett took things a step farther yesterday and delivered the revelation from Jesus for me.  He interpreted Mark 3:27..."No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his  goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house."  This has always been a bit of a mystery to me.  Why would Jesus say that?

First, when the scripture says that "His ways are higher than our ways" and "His thoughts are higher than our thoughts".  It doesn't mean that we are not to understand Him.  The Kingdom of God was hidden from satan, not from us.  The Kingdom was hidden for us.   If the Kingdom and it's principles had not been hidden from satan, satan would have never crucified Jesus.  Jesus had to die.  If the enemy had known that, Jesus would still be alive and walking on the earth today.  Sin is what decays the body - Jesus was sinless.  He would have lived on Earth forever.  So, understanding that, I love to search the scriptures.  LOVE it!

Strong man.  Jesus was referring to us entering the strong man's house.  Why on Earth would he put something like that in scripture.  Why would we want to enter a strong man's house?  For a long time, well, like forever, I thought that Jesus was telling us how to steal from somebody.  And really, He was.  He was telling us how to take over the Earth - the strong man's house.  Satan (the strong man) has legal rights to the Earth.  We gave it to him in the garden.  Jesus took the rights back at Calvary, but we have to be in Him to be victorious.  Satan is a lawyer.  He knows his rights.  Only by us knowing who we are in Christ and understanding our authority in Him - by knowing that we are the Righteousness of Christ, can we bind the strong man and enter his house and spoil his goods.  Wow.  I know I don't deliver quite like Barry Bennett, but there it is. 

I love fresh revelation.  There was so much more, but I could never get it all typed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment