Monday, December 6, 2010

On my ride home...

I was listening to Duane talk about the Laws of Spiritual Progression.  He was telling the church about an experience with God where God explained why he didn't ask Duane to do something in advance...He just sprung it on him right before-hand.  God explained to him that if He had told him earlier, he would have talked himself out of it.

Well, the Holy Spirit pointed out a few things I would have talked myself out of.  One of them was school. 

I didn't hear from God that I was going to go to school until just a few weeks before hand.  David heard like a year before, but didn't press the issue.  He was gracious and patient with me...much more so than I would have been with him.  He's good like that. 

If God had told me a year before that David was going to quit working and go to Bible College, I would have told him he was completely nuts.  Completely.

And now here we are.  And I know that I would have talked myself out of it.  And I also know that this is exactly where we are supposed to be and for right now. 

There are trials, yes.  And they are rough.  But we're learning that to walk in the Kindom of God, you have to move out of the kingdom of the world.  And anytime there's a Kingdom advance, there's opposition.  With as radical of a change as we made by stepping toward God's Kingdom, we will and do have just as radical of an opposition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment