Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

I forgot another amazing miracle.  I think all these need separate posts, so here it is.

We were gifted $1000.  Pretty cool, right?  The first thought that came to my head was "tuition".  Then I thought that maybe this was the answer to my prayer of how to give Christmas presents to our kids.  We usually spend $50 per child and then use $100 to buy for Karleigh and Madeline, along with the kids' stockings.  And I always do a stocking for Karleigh.  So, I needed $300 for Christmas.  I had asked the Lord to provide it and then here came this money. 

I told David about it and the first thing he said was, "I really think we need to pay our tuition with that".  I agreed, but wanted to make sure we shouldn't use $300 of it toward Christmas.  I wanted to do with it what the Lord wanted us to, I just needed to hear from Him.  I needed to make sure.  I spent the next morning in the shower praying and asking.  I heard Him very clearly tell me to pay tuition and He would take care of Christmas.  Ok. 

I went to school and told Kitty about it.  I told her as soon as I cashed the check I'd have it for her, minus the tithe.  She got excited.  I told her God told me He'd take care of Christmas.  She said he absolutely would.  She said that He's the Giver of Gifts and He wants our kids to have Christmas too.  It was so awesome to hear confirmation of that. 

On the way home, I called David and told him all that had happened.  He had been asleep when I left for school.  When I got home, he went out and got the mail.  We had a Christmas card with three $100 bills in it.  Amazing. 

God, you are the Giver of Gifts.  You are so wonderful to me.  You care about everything.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment