Thursday, December 9, 2010

Leland Shores came to our school today.

My friend used a phrase yesterday "heavy revvys" for heavy revelations.  I thought it was perfect, actually.  So true!  That was just a side note...

I honestly did not know what to expect from Leland today because I've never really heard him.  He brought his sweet wife with him.  They were such a blessing!

A long time ago, God showed me that He is outside of time as we think of it.  Think of a timeline, like you would draw with the beginning on the far left and a line to the end on the far right and everything charted in between.  We are traveling our little part of that line from where our birth is marked to the end where our death will be.  Of course we can't see the line ahead of us.  We can only know what's behind us, but in reality, what's behind us only exists in memories.  So, the exact moment we are in is really all that is real.

God doesn't walk on that line.  He is outside of it and sees the beginning and end all at once.  That doesn't negate the need for the line or us to walk it.  And it doesn't make our decisions that we make unnecessary or anything.  It's a way to look at it.

Anyway, Leland did a presentation that made things a bit more clear to me.

He also tied in the understanding of spirit, soul and body.  He showed that because we are in God and He is "I AM", we are only concerned with the present time also.  I know that's not as power-packed as he did it, but words leave me.  Plus, we need to leave in 15 minutes. =)

I love school!

No comments:

Post a Comment