Friday, July 15, 2011

Love

One of the last days I was at work, God showed me something pretty cool.  Of course, it happened in the bathroom.  I get alot of revelation in the bathroom for some reason.  Maybe because it's one of the only places I can get by myself.  I mean, I don't have that privilege at home of pottying alone, but at Albertson's I certainly did.

Anyway....the verses in Corinthians on love were floating through my brain.  Duane had mentioned that you can replace the word "love" with "God" to see attibutes of God throughout the scripture because God is love.  For example:  replace "Love is patient, Love is kind" with "God is patient, God is kind".  I've heard this before, but was just really thinking about it as I was stocking the cigarettes.  I went ahead and looked it up in the little Gideon's Bible that somebody left behind the counter. 

I headed to the bathroom and was just still kinda' thinking on it when the verses where Jesus was saying that the two greatest commandments were to love God with all you have and love your neighbor as yourself popped in my head.  I started thinking love is patient, love is kind...I should be patient and kind with my neighbor because I'm supposed to love my neighbor as I love myself.  Hmmm...I'm supposed to love myself as I love my neighbor.  I'm supposed to love myself.  Oh, I'm supposed to be loving to myself.  I'm supposed to be patient and kind to myself.  Oh, wow.  If I am patient, kind, long-suffering, slow to anger and all that with myself, how can I have a sin consciousness.  Oh, wow.  I think I stumbled onto one of the keys to not having a sin consciousness. 

And of course, it was in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment