Friday, July 15, 2011

I survived...

And came out on the other side actually good.  I really enjoyed things once they settled down a bit. 

I mean, Emily had a bit of a prima-donna attitude.  I don't know if it's her age or not, but it's getting pretty bad.  We had a small, contained blow-up.  I didn't kill her, so I guess it ended well.  I love Cody and Emily, but I am always thankful for the break of the time that they're both at their Mom's.  That's just straight up honesty for ya'.  You can't really know how it is to have step kids unless you have them.  You have all the responsability of your own kids without the authority.  It's difficult at best, but exceptionally rewarding at the same time.  It's like the thing you have to work so hard at that it's much sweeter when there're good times and things.  Well, enough of that - I think the subject of step children could be a daily post of it's own.

Greg and Andrea stayed a while after everybody else left and I'm so glad they did.  I really, really enjoyed them.  And Joshua loves, loves, loves Paige.  He misses her.  They are talking about moving here when he gets out and if he can get out early, coming on this way.  I would so love to have them here. 

That's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment