Thursday, September 8, 2011

Insert relevant title here...

I've been reflecting on how God uses my strengths and weakensses, also. I can see how my strengths, apart from God, are a clanging symbol because they would be good works without love, since God is Love. I see how my weaknesses are really fleshly failures, because without God, there is no strength in my weaknesses.

Yesterday, at school, God gave me a little revelation about our personalities. He showed me that He takes great joy in knowing us and relating to us each separately, as individuals, just as He created us. We know He speaks to us each according to our own personality. We are a joy to Him. For example: I love knowing how to "speak Jacob", when interpreting for my 15 year old son (who hilariously butchers the English language on a regular basis). God's the same way. He created us with personality traits that He "gets". He "speaks Katie" to me and loves being able to do it like none other. He made each of us with likes, dislikes, strengths and weaknesses. He then takes great joy in catering to our likes, sparing us a lot of the dislikes, magnifying our strengths for His glory, and being our strength in weaknesses. He enjoys the relational part, simply and completely for the relationship. He enjoys seeing us enjoy Him and what He provides on every level.

No comments:

Post a Comment