Friday, September 30, 2011

I don't know where to post this...

There's alot of things tumbling around in my head.  I hate it that I have something really awesome to post almost every day and I can't seem to get it on here!  God has been showing me sooo much!  It's a bit frustrating to think about how much is not getting documented.  I know that all of it is renewing my mind, so it's not being lost, just not put here like I'd like it to be. 

Anyway, God's been dealing with us in the area of finances.  We're finding ourselves in the same boat as we were this time last year.  Everything is up in the air about our house again and it's tempting to be fearful.  I'm not fearful, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't tempting.

We have a new student named Michael who's second year.  He did correspondance last year from home.  We were chatting at break the other day, and he started talking about his finances.  Out of nowhere.  He even said he didn't know why he was talking about it.  He put some things together for me.  I know that I have the mind of Christ.  He put it into the perspective that I have the mind of Christ where it comes to Christ's stewardship of finances.  I wanted to literally smack myself on the forehead because it sounds like such a no-brainer, but I had never gotten that before.  So cool! 

I don't know how things will work out, but I know it will all work out for my good because I am in Christ, Jesus!

Changing lanes...

We had a speaker this week and she was really awesome.  Her name is Nicola Appelbe.  She is a missionary to orphans and elderly in Russia.  I love the way things are set up now.  She was with us for three days and spent the bulk of her time with the third year, but was with the entire body quite a bit too.  One thing she spoke on really struck a chord in me.  It lines up with other things being taught right now about having a vision and asking God to help set goals.  She spoke on finding out where God wants you to be.  She said if you would look over your life, God has been speaking about your calling all along and if you ask Him to, He'll remind you of what He's said.  That's my new prayer.  Please show me where you want me after school, and what is my calling?  I know in my heart that it's very important for me to take this time at school.  God's will, right now, for me is to be a student.  There are several who have condensed and "done a double"  with their second and third years (it's not typical and not common, and not up to the student - it's up to the director hearing the Holy Spirit on it).  It's not realistic for me anyway, but even if it were, I don't have any desire to crunch this time.  This preparation time is precious.  I love the relationships being formed and I love the rich, cocoon environment at school.  It's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment