Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's been a while...

All is not always roses and sunshine at Bible School.  Maybe that should have been my title.  I'm not being a downer at all about it.  It's definitely up there as one of the most wonderful experiences of my life - and I'm not even a third of the way done yet!  I guess the point is simply that with everything, there is a price.  With every revelation of the Word that is given, it is tested and that testing is tough sometimes.  And sometimes, people do things you don't understand.  But each test and situation is a learning experience and a life lesson. 

One of the reasons I've kinda' avoided blogging here is Sandra.  I haven't felt the freedom to write openly about things because I gave her the blog a couple of months ago and don't know if she still does or ever read it.  I don't feel good about airing anything out here, but it's just enough to say that she left school without an explanation to me, which I didn't understand, but that was her choice.  I also learned the lesson of keeping this place private to me so that it can (in every other area) still be a place to honestly an openly journal my experience.  It's rather a shame because there are so many life lessons that I learned through that experience that would be of value to have chronicled. 

David got a job at Target.  He loves it and I'm so very happy for him.  He's cashiering and has said that it's really good for him because he is having to learn how to make small-talk.  He is an amazing husband and father and I don't know where in the world I'd be without him! 

Dena is living 15 minutes from me now.  That's so exciting!  This is the closest proximity we've been to each other in years and it's fantastic!  I love her and her girls so very much.

I spent Spring Break in Missouri with my grandparents.  Just me and Josh and them.  It was sooo nice.  I took Joshua to a circus in West Plains and we both loved it so much!  He is such a good kid. 

The Saturday that I drove up there, we had a women's brunch/meeting at church.  When I heard it advertised, the Holy Spirit told me that I need to be there.  Ok.  Those get-togethers are usually not really my thing, but He's been working with me on that because I do love the women.  I think my problem is really not the get-together, it's more that I don't like the drama that I usually associate with a women's group.  I'm beginning to realize that this group is pretty low-key on the drama.  It is there, yes, but not like your typical group.  He's awakening a desire and love for the women of our church in me.  I think something's going on there...

Anyway, one of the speakers was the director from the crisis pregnancy center in Sherman.  When I figured this out, the Holy Spirit said that this was why I was there.  During a break, I was browsing the table that she had set up.  She happened to be right there, and we chatted a bit.  She told me she was looking for somebody to lead the Forgiven and Set Free Bible study that they offer.  I got excited about that and started thinking about it.  I told her I'd been through it and was set free. 

She did her talk and while she was talking, I was praying for the Lord to show me if this was truly for me or simply an emotional response.  He told me that His gifts and callings are without repentance and that He had called me to that already.  I spoke to her again and filled out the info she needed.  I told her I'd be out of town for a week and would call her when I was back.  I did call, but left a message since she was out of town the following week.  Funny.

Anyway, in the meantime, it popped in my head that Dena really should probably go through the study.  Just after that, Dena and I were chatting for a minute and I told her that I might be doing that study through the center and she said that she wanted me to do it with her.  How awesome is it when the Holy Spirit confirms what He's told you through another person. 

We started the study Saturday night.  And now, Tracey wants to come join it.  I am so excited for them.  I'm not excited for the difficulties they have coming, but where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!  I'm excited to witness their coming into that freedom! 

What a mighty God we serve!  What a mighty God we serve!  Angels bow before Him, Heaven and Earth adore Him.  What a mighty God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment